Updated: 9th April
We understand that there are concerns over the current outbreak of coronavirus. We want to reassure all our customers and staff that their safety and well-being is our top priority.
What has changed in the past week?
4th April - changes to the 185/186 timetable
Easter period service levels
On Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday we will be operating the emergency service timetables on services 199 and TP only. On Saturday 11th April we will be operating the Saturday emergency timetables, but additionally, services 114 and 393 will operate a revised timetable for just Saturday 11th April.
This is a difficult time for all, and the world changed with the announcement of a national lock down. Passenger numbers have fallen to 15% or less of normal numbers. With the help of Local Authority partners, and our staff who are being magnificent, we continue to provide a reduced service on most routes.
We are following government advice at all times to ensure the safety of our staff and passengers. Currently we are in no danger of closing down and ceasing operations.
We are monitoring the situation closely to ensure we follow the latest advise and guidelines from the UK Government and Public Health England. This link will take you to the NHS advice on when you are allowed to travel https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. We urge that customers refer frequently to our Twitter, Facebook and website for any service updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Free travel for NHS Staff
NHS staff can now travel to and from work for free on all High Peak services on presentation of their NHS pass.
Pre-09:30 Concessionary Travel
Until further notice, all ENCTS pass holders will be allowed to travel free before 09:30 Monday to Friday across the network.
Keeping our Staff and Customers Safe
- We request that if you are displaying any symptoms of the virus, please follow the government's advice and stay at home in self isolation for 14 days and do not travel on our services.
- The NHS advice and guidelines on the virus can be found on the following link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- We have implemented additional precautions since the outbreak, including issuing our drivers with hand sanitiser and updating them on the importance of keeping good hygiene.
- Our buses are having extra cleaning, which includes the disinfecting of all hand rails, bus stop buttons and grab handles.
- For extra safety, we recommend, where possible, that customers use the contactless (which now allows payments of up to £45) or M-ticket methods to purchase tickets as this will reduce the amount of personal contact.