Keeping our customers safe...
We understand that there are concerns over the outbreak of coronavirus. We want to reassure all our customers and staff that their safety and well-being is our top priority.
Before you travel with us...
- We request that if you are displaying any symptoms of the virus, please follow the government's advice and stay at home in self isolation for 14 days and do not travel on our services.
- Try to avoid travelling at peak times if possible to help with social distancing.
- When boarding, board one passenger at a time, having allowed any passengers to alight the bus first before boarding.
Face Coverings is Mandatory on All Public Transport
- All passengers must wear a face covering (unless they are exempt).
- Exemptions include:
- Passengers with respiratory conditions and many other disabilities that may not be visible.
- Children under the age of 11
- Children of all ages travelling on dedicated school buses
- Anyone else who has a justifiable reason on the grounds of health or disability
- Bus drivers
- Face Covering Exemptions Cards are available HERE. Please print this off and show it to your driver when you travel.
- If you do not have a face covering, you can make one yourself using the video towards the bottom of the page as guidance.
What to expect when Travelling on the Bus....
- Where possible, customers should use contactless payment (we now take payments of up to £45) or m-Ticket methods to reduce the amount of personal contact with the driver.
- The seats directly behind the driver have been cordoned off to keep our drivers safe. Stay at least 2 metres away from others where possible.
- Windows will be left open to increase air flow and ventilation.
- There are capacity limits on board our vehicles to help maintain social distancing where possible. If the bus is displaying an UNHAPPY FACE or BUS FULL board this this means the vehicle has reached the social distancing capacity and you may have to wait for the next bus or make alternative travel arrangements.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
What we are doing to make our buses safe travel on...
- We have implemented additional precautions since the outbreak; including issuing our drivers with hand sanitiser and updating them on the importance of keeping good hygiene.
- Perspex screens have been fitted on buses to provide a physical separation between the driver and passengers. Face visors and masks are also being issued to our staff to wear at their discretion.
- All drivers are temperature checked at the beginning of their shift to ensure they do not have a high temperature (which is a major symptom of Covid-19).
- Our buses are having extra cleaning which includes the disinfecting of all handrails, bus stop buttons and grab handles. The floor is cleaned with disinfectant on a daily basis and we use X-Mist sanitiser, which kills Coronavirus and stays active on surfaces for up to 28 days.
- We will temporarily no longer be issuing tickets for ENCTS pass holders in order to reduce the risk of spreading infection, through less personal contact.
- Seat slips have been placed on buses to cordon off certain seats and help ensure that social distancing is maintained on our buses, including the 2 seats directly behind the driver.
Want to know more? Below are some videos showing our How to Make Your Own Face Covering, What Our Union has to Say and Our Cleaning Regime:
For further advise...
More information on the NHS advice and guidelines on symptoms of the virus can be found on their website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Information on the latest goverment guidance on safe travel on Public Transport can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
We are monitoring the situation closely to ensure we follow the latest advise and guidelines from the UK Government and Public Health England.
We urge that customers refer frequently to our Twitter, Facebook and website for any service updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.